asr Emitter 1 Exclusive B integrated amplifier

Κώστας Φ.

Truth hurts. Here's a teddy bear.
Reaction score

"Emitter I Options: Basic, Exclusive, Exclusive B

The Emitter I comes in three guises. The Emitter I Basic ($10,900) has two chassis: a control unit and an external power supply. The power supply contains dual-mono sections to drive the dual-mono amps located in the control unit, and a separate section for the active line-stage, also located in the control unit. This box is massive (71 lbs), much heavier than the control unit (48 lbs). Output is 140-watts into 8 ohms. There's no battery with this version.

The Emitter I Exclusive ($14,900) looks the same as the Basic, with a control unit and external power supply, but has upgraded, premium parts inside. It yields 160-watts into 8 ohms and says "Emitter I Exclusive" on the faceplate.

At the top is the one I'm listening to, the Emitter I Exclusive B, or battery option ($17,900). This is the Exclusive version plus an additional chassis—a separate battery in another box about as big as the external power supply. In this configuration, the battery is dedicated to the active preamp, the power supply to the amplifiers. Output is also 160-watts into 8 ohms.

Dynamics Explained

Many factors come into play when calculating an amplifier's power. Upon inquiry, I was told a big part of the Emitter's buffo dynamics have to do with the products' reservoir of electrical capacitance. Look at these capacitance specs: the Basic has a total capacitance of 290,000 uF; the Exclusive has 570,000 uF; the Exclusive B has a staggering 890,000 uF, three times the Basic model. The huge capacitance number in the top-of-the-line Exclusive B version accounts for those groundbreaking dynamics I'm hearing. It also contributes to enhanced tonal purity. Take a look at the pictures showing the capacitors on the circuit board of the Exclusive B (below) and that of the Basic (below that).

Conclusion

Finally, here's a component that steps up to the plate. The ASR Emitter I Exclusive B Integrated Amp is the first gear I've encountered at this price point that gives my mbl Noble Line separates competition.

I greatly enjoyed my time with the Emitter. In fact, if I didn't own the mbl Noble gear, I would seriously consider acquisition. The Emitter I Exclusive B's strengths place it among the top offerings at its price point—as long as you keep the Ground Switch in the ON position.

It strikes me that maybe, just maybe, if Class D amps could be fixed—if the promise of Class D could be fully realized—they would sound like this."

Full Review: positive-feedback.com

Τελευταια Μηνυματα

Staff online

• abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
Evri